FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
November 21, 2018
Bouma rises in the Ontario Legislature to recognize the Laurier Brantford YMCA Grand Opening
QUEEN’S PARK – MPP Will Bouma stood in the House today to talk about an important partnership between Wilfrid Laurier University and the YMCA of Hamilton, Burlington and Brantford.
“After much anticipation, the new Laurier Brantford YMCA opened its doors on Sept. 14, 2018. This innovative partnership between Wilfrid Laurier University and the YMCA of Hamilton, Burlington and Brantford expands athletic opportunities for students at the Brantford campus, supports campus growth, enhances broader community access to health, wellness and social supports, and further bolsters the revitalization of the city’s core.” MPP Bouma stated.
The 120,000-square-foot facility includes:
- An aquatics centre with two tank pool for lane swimming, swim lessons, aquatic fitness and therapy, plus an on-deck hot tub for teaching, fitness, therapy and leisure.
- A youth zone for recreational, social and leadership development programs.
- A double gym designed for sports and competition with retractable stadium seating for 860 people, plus taping and first aid room for event athletic therapists.
- A single gym for drop-in sports and larger programs.
- A fitness centre.
- Health intake consultation rooms for specialized community-based health care programs in partnership with Hamilton Health Sciences and Brant Community Healthcare System.
The facility’s official grand opening celebration will take place on Saturday, Dec. 1st.
Bouma went on to say, “Speaker, this facility will serve the residents of Brantford, Brant County and Six Nations, the postsecondary institutions in the community, including Laurier and Conestoga College, and other visitors.”
Video here: https://youtu.be/6rcZYWGG35Q
For more information, contact MPP Will Bouma at 519-759-0361 or firstname.lastname@example.org