Ontario recognizes exceptional contributions of local volunteers with the Brantford-Brant area
NEWS February 24, 2021
BRANTFORD: The Ontario government is recognizing the outstanding contributions of 6,658 volunteers from across the province.
Will Bouma, MPP for Brantford attended a virtual ceremony on February 23, 2021 to celebrate the outstanding contributions of 81 volunteers from Brantford-Brant. Recipients were from organizations such as:
- Polish Alliance Ladies Circle – Branch 10 in Brantford.
- Paris Horticultural Society in Paris.
- Parkinson Society of Southwestern Ontario in Brantford.
There were also nine youth recipients from all across Brantford-Brant.
“Volunteers are a vital part of communities across Ontario – they are an inspiration and example for us all and continue to make our province one of the greatest places to live,” said Lisa MacLeod, Minister of Heritage, Sport, Tourism and Culture Industries. “It is important that we take time to celebrate their efforts. This has been a challenging year for our communities and our province – but I am so proud of our volunteers who continue to strengthen our local communities and demonstrate the very best of the Ontario spirit.”
The Ontario Volunteer Service Awards recognizes individuals for continuous years of volunteer service at a single organization such as hospitals, seniors centres and community associations. Virtual ceremonies will be held in the coming months where our volunteers will receive their awards. Volunteers contribute to a wide range of services in Ontario, including supporting seniors and adults through Meals on Wheels, building up communities through local Lions Clubs, and much more.
“The incredible efforts of these individuals and organizations improve the lives of everyone in and around the entire region,” said Will Bouma, MPP for Brantford-Brant.
Ontario also thanks the volunteers who tirelessly and selflessly risked, and continue to risk, their lives to support their communities during the COVID-19 outbreak. The province of Ontario encourages everyone to recognize an exceptional volunteer for their efforts by nominating them for a Volunteer Service Award or the June Callwood Outstanding Achievement Award for Voluntarism. Visit Ontario’s website for more information or to nominate an exceptional volunteer or volunteer organization.
- This year, 6,658 volunteers from across the province are receiving the Ontario Volunteer Service Award.
- Since 1986, more than 250,000 volunteers have been recognized through the Ontario Volunteer Service Award.
- Adult volunteers are recognized for five to 65+ years of continuous service in five-year increments.
- Youth volunteers are recognized for two or more years of continuous service.
- Find out how to nominate a volunteer for the Ontario Volunteer Service Award
- Learn more about volunteering in Ontario
For more information, contact MPP Will Bouma at 519-759-0361 or [email protected]