Will Bouma
Will Bouma


MPP Will Bouma Answers Your Frequently Asked Questions

How do I obtain a birth certificate?
Applications for birth certificates are available from Will’s office and online at https://www.orgforms.gov.on.ca/eForms/start.do?lang=en
. Applications can be received and submitted by fax, provided the applicant is making payment by VISA, AMEX or MasterCard.

If you require a birth certificate urgently please contact my constituency office at 519-759-0361.

Or you can contact the Registrar General’s office for information on birth, marriage and death certificates at:

Office of the Registrar General
PO Box 4600
189 Red River Road
Thunder Bay ON P7B 6L8
Or fax: (807) 343-7459

For information call:
Toronto and outside Ontario: (416) 325-8305 Toll free in Ontario: 1-800-461-2156
E-mail: cbsinfo@cbs.gov.on.ca
Birth Certificates $25.00
Replacement Birth Certificates $35.00

How do I obtain an Ontario Health Card?
To apply for a card, you must:

  • go in person to your nearest Service Ontario site, and
  • fill in the Registration for Ontario Health Coverage form and
  • provide the necessary original documents

For more information :
Call the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care INFOline at 1-800-268-1154 (Toll-free in Ontario only).
In Toronto, call 416-314-5518, TTY 1-800-387-5559.
To inquire about dates and to book your appointment, call the Ministry of Health at 1-888-376-5197.

What do I do if my Health Card is lost or stolen?
You should immediately call the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care at 1-800-268-1154 (Toll-free in Ontario only). If you had a photo Health Card, you will be sent a new one. If you had a red-and-white card, you will have to register for a photo Health Card. If you find your lost card, keep it only until your new card arrives and then destroy it because it will no longer be valid. Make sure you have your new photo Health Card before you destroy the old card.

Do I need to do anything with a deceased person’s health card or health coverage?
The health card of a deceased person must be returned to the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care. You will need to complete a Change of Information (form 280-82) and then mail it with the health card of the deceased person to the ministry. Visit the self help area of Will’s website to access the Ontario Government’s Central Forms Repository.

  • Contacting your local ministry office and requesting that one be forwarded to you.
  • Printing a copy of the form through Forms Online.

You may also send a letter to your local ministry office providing the deceased person’s name, date of birth, sex and health number. Enclose a photocopy of the death certificate and the actual health card.

What is TeleHealth?
You may call toll free 1-866-797-0000 anytime day or night, and receive health advice or general health information from a Registered Nurse. Callers will be asked to describe their symptoms and answer questions to best assess the seriousness of the problem so that a nurse can help you decide your best first step. They can help you decide whether to care for yourself, make an appointment with your doctor, go to a clinic, contact a community service or go to a hospital emergency room. The service is free and confidential and you will not need to provide your OHIP number.

How do I obtain celebratory scrolls?
Scrolls for all occasions are available through Will’s office for a variety of special occasions including: wedding anniversaries, 70th + birthdays, retirements, community service, volunteers etc. Call Will’s office at 519-759-0361