Mastro Vinci and 900 Distribution will create new good-paying jobs in Brantford
NEWS May 4th, 2023
BRANTFORD — The Ontario government is supporting an investment of $1,580,000.00 by Mastro Vinci and 900 Distribution to boost local manufacturing and create 12 new good-paying jobs. As part of this investment, the government is providing Mastro Vinci with $237,000.00 in funding through the Southwestern Ontario Development Fund.
This funding was announced today by Will Bouma, Member of Provincial Parliament for Brantford-Brant.
“Our government is building a strong Ontario and strengthening the economy by supporting key investments in communities like Brantford,” said MPP Will Bouma. “Mastro Vinci and 900 Distribution’s investment will grow local manufacturing and create more good-paying jobs for workers and families in Brantford-Brant.”
Mastro Vinci and 900 Distribution are investing $1,580,000.00 to build a new facility in Brantford to increase capacity. The recipients are expanding their production capability to be more competitive and reduce production costs, increase productivity to serve new and existing customers, expand in new product lines, add more automation, and hire a more skilled workforce. The extra space and specialized equipment will allow the recipients to increase export sales. Brantford’s new facility will be producing gluten-free products made with local materials.
Ontario is investing more than $100 million through the Regional Development Program from 2019 to 2023 to strengthen the advanced manufacturing sector and help meet regional needs. The program provides cost-shared funding to businesses, municipalities and economic development organizations to help local communities attract investment, diversify their economies, and create jobs.
Since 2019, Ontario has provided more than $81 million in support of 75 projects through the Regional Development Program, leveraging more than $860 million in new investments and helping to create more than 1,490 jobs in the province.
“Our government is proud to support local manufacturers across the province as they grow and create more good-paying jobs in their communities,” said Vic Fedeli, Minister of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade. “Investing in these types of community-building projects will help us continue to build Ontario and strengthen the economy. We thank Mastro Vinci and 900 Distribution for making a significant impact in their community and for contributing to our province’s dynamic and growing manufacturing sector.”
- As part of the 2023 Ontario Budget, the government is proposing a new Ontario Made Manufacturing Investment Tax Credit, which would provide a 10 per cent refundable Corporate Income Tax credit to help local manufacturers lower their costs, invest in workers, innovate and become more competitive.
- The government launched the Regional Development Program for Eastern and Southwestern Ontario in November 2019. Businesses and municipalities can get financial support through the Eastern Ontario Development Fund and Southwestern Ontario Development Fund and guided access to a range of complementary services and supports.
- The government recently launched the Advanced Manufacturing and Innovation Competitiveness stream of the Regional Development Program. It will support Ontario advanced manufacturers to invest in the equipment, advanced technologies and skilled workforce needed to improve competitiveness and growth, and to create, retain and bring jobs back to every region of the province.
- Advanced Manufacturing and Innovation Competitiveness (AMIC) stream
- Regional Development Program
- Open for Business
For more information call 519-759-0361 or email [email protected]